AM BRIEF: EU Copyright Extension, Pandora Punished, $1.1M To Spreaker, Google Music To iOS
Artists and labels appear poised to win an extension of European copyright protection to 70 from 50 years. (LA Times)
- Pandora stock fell more than 10% Thursday after the launch and strong first looks for Clear Channel's competing offering iHeartRadio (powered by The Echo Nest) and remained flat in early Friday trading.
- Spreaker scored $1.1 million in angel funding for its audio platform that makes it easy to create and syndicate podcasts and other audio content.
- Google Music comes to Apple - Google Music Beta users can now access their collections via a web based mobile app for iPhones and iPads.
- D.I.Y. success story Odd Future gets their own TV show on Adult Swim. (THR)
- Rock Band dev releases $2 iOS musical meme generator, VidRhythm. (ars)
- Twitter reaches 100 million active users. (NY Times)
- EMI: There Should Be No Safe Harbors For Pre-1972 Songs (Techdirt)
Leave a Reply