We post a roundup of music business news mid-morning (ET) each weekday and when warranted add a PM update late in the afternoon. For breaking news follow @hypebot on Twitter.
- Report: Piracy a "global pricing problem" with only one solution. (Ars)
- Live Nation Entertainment faces critics in Austin. (LATimes)
- Britney Spears's legal battle with the Bellamy Brothers shows that when it comes to alleged copyright infringement it's difficult to draw the line between inspiration and imitation. (Guardian)
- Live In Your Living Room: You Book The Bands. (NPR)
- SXSW: In App Age, MySpoonful Bets on Email. (Evolver)
- What's broken in A&R and how to fix it. (Wired)
- Century Media, a heavy music label, and EMI Label Services/Caroline Distribution have renewed their global distribution relationship.