Action Begins #Midem: The Artist’s Perspective
- On the artist's panel Amanda Palmer told about how sharing her frustration with her record label - i.e. when they told her she looked fat in her photos - cemented her relationship with her fans.
- Palmer opened with ukulele and a short version of Radiohead's "Creep". Watch
- Palmer remains constantly connected with her fans. She twittered within 1 minute of waking up ("The light was so beautiful in my room".) and seconds before she walked on stage telling her fans where to watch the stream of her panel.
- Hal Ritson, The Young Punx and Musical Director, Dizzee Rascal Live (UK) - He treats the right bloggers as Gods. They get music first - before the mainstream press. Carefully manages the release of his content across platforms.
- Ritson barely worries about actually selling records and concentrates on finding other revenue streams like sponsorships.
- "We all know all these things - Facebook, Twitter, etc. "The trick is to use them personally and professionally," sats Ritson.
- Palmer playing out on the street for her fans at 6:30.